A - Synopsis
Many of our young people are struggling to develop a vibrant faith, and far too many are leaving the faith after they leave the protective environment of our families, our churches, and our Christian schools. This book is a concise, ‘easy to read’, five step guide-book to help these young people (and anyone else who is struggling) to find a pathway through the confusing world of cultural atheism, religious misinformation, and superficial Christianity. This book can help develop an authentic Jesus - Faith walk that can survive and thrive in our secular, god-less and increasingly twisted culture.
B - The Focus of the Book
* is not that of collecting all the arguments for Christianity and against Atheism (the standard apologetics approach)
* but on developing self awareness and the understanding of religion.
- Everyone begins with heart - held convictions.
- Secular Atheistic Humanism is the default religion of our culture.
- We all live and argue in keeping with our heart - held faith assumptions.
o “What I love, not what I know, determines my truth.”
- Evaluating my arguments, “Are they reasonable or are they just spin?”
- fostering personal honesty / intellectual integrity.
- At root, our faith position is not an intellectual problem but a moral one. “Am I
willing to give up my self - proclaimed autonomy, and pursue truth with
humility in keeping with our human finiteness.”
C - A Primer on Religion
Foundational Concepts too long ignored
Senior Grades Christian Perspectives Study Book
Discussion Guide for Adult Study Groups
The attached blog is a 13 week discussion guide to help these adult groups.
D - The Book’s Thesis
Our cultural ignorance of all-things religion …
has allowed Atheistic Humanism to become the State Sponsored Religion.
has caused many to leave the Jesus Way.